The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) on Monday said that they have called off a ceasefire agreed with the federal government in June. In a statement from the banned terror outfit, it said it has ordered its militants to stage terrorist attacks across the country. The TTP has been responsible for hundreds of attacks and thousands of deaths since emerging in 2007.
The government and the TTP had agreed to a truce earlier this year after Afghanistan’s new Taliban rulers took a prominent role in brokering peace talks, but negotiations made little progress and there were frequent breaches.
The talks reached a deadlock as the terror group refused to budge from its demand for the reversal of the merger of erstwhile Fata with the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
There has also been a stalemate over the issue of TTP laying down their arms in case of a peace deal, which would enable them to return to their homeland.
Source: Express Tribune
Inflics provides it readers the information that they need in concise and short articles, making information and news more accessible to everyone.