COVID-19 patient in India dies after family unplugs ventilator to turn on cooler

A COVID-19 patient in India died after his family disconnected the ventilator to plug in the air cooler to combat the scorching heat. The family members, who came to meet the patient in the hospital put on the cooler switch that they had brought from outside. The ventilator worked for some time on battery but collapsed later, turning the patient critical.

The doctors were reported of the patient’s critical condition who came rushing and did all they could do to save his life, but the result was unfavourable and the patient died.

The relatives, on the other hand, attacked the resident doctors after the patient died.

Source: Gulf News