Teenager left paralyzed after gaming for 22 hours every day for a month

A 15-year-old boy from Nanning city, China, was paralyzed in the left arm and hand after playing video games for 22 hours a day for a whole month.  According to parents, the boy was left alone for the past month in order to attend online classes. The windows and doors of his room were closed at all times, and he was on his computer for as much as 22 hours a day.

His erratic sleeping patterns, which consisted of two hours of sleep in 24 hours, bad eating habits, and addiction to video games, led to his current state. According to the doctors, the paralysis is a result of cerebral shock, which is a consequence of unstable sleeping pattern for a long period.

The boy is currently undergoing treatment at a local hospital to regain sensation in his arm and hand.

Source: ProPakistani