The National Command and Control Centre (NCOC) has released an eight-step procedure to get the COVID-19 vaccine in Pakistan. The plan aims to vaccinate people under an integrated digital system following the best international practices, according to a statement by the NCOC. All details of immunisation will be handled through the National Immunisation Management System, which the federal government developed last year.
Adult Vaccine Centres (AVC) have been established across the country.
Here’s how you will get the vaccine:
- You will have to send your CNIC number to the Sehat Tahaffuz helpline 1166 through SMS or the NIMS website
- The system will verify your address and confirm registration and you will be sent details of your designated AVC along with a unique PIN code. If the designated AVC is outside your current tehsil, you can change it through the NIMS web portal or by calling 1166 helpline within five days of receiving the first SMS
- Once the vaccine arrives at your centre, you will be contacted for an appointment for vaccination
- After confirmation and registration, you will have to take your original CNIC and PIN code to the centre on the appointed day
- Staff at the vaccination centre will verify your CNIC and PIN code
- After verification, you will receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Vaccine staff will enter your details in NIMS and a confirmation message will be sent to you through SMS
- You will have to remain at the AVC for 30 minutes for post-inoculation monitoring for any adverse effects
A dashboard will be created in real-time to update government health departments at the district, provincial and federal levels.
Source: Samaa TV